Engineering Design Leader
We are looking for a talented Engineering Design Leader to join our expanding team. As a newly created role in the business we are looking for a passionate and driven engineer with ideally 21G Aerospace experience to lead, mentor and coordinate the TRB design team. The primary function of the department is the creation and maintenance of design documents, drawings, calculations and associated test and validation data.
The key requirements are as follows:
1. 5 years plus experience working within a 21G / J aerospace interior trim environment performing a design & development leadership role.
2. Good knowledge of composite materials, manufacturing processes and typical aerospace interior trim parts plus hardware.
3. Strong solidworks CAD skills (or similar) plus analytical capability.
4. Ability to work well in dynamic situations, think on their feet, troubleshoot and provide timely and prompt technical support as needed.
5. Undertake design and development of products from concept to operation including system definition, specification prototyping and validation as well as drawing creation. Familiar with the creation of DFMEA’s.
6. Ensure products meet specification, function, design and business performance requirements in accordance with recognised industry standards, safety and legislation.
7. Effective time management and project coordination skills.
8. Understanding of drawing and documentation configuration management.
9. To undertake any other duty as reasonably requested by their line manager.
Have previous experience supervising a small team and overseeing the design and development of composite parts, panels and/or structures such as aircraft floor and cargo panels through to structural cubicles and monuments.
Be a self-starter with problem-solving talent, able to self-manage and work independently as well as motivate and work with a team.
Possess excellent communication with strong interpersonal skills.
Hold suitable engineering qualifications / work experience applicable to the job role and have ideally received EASA 21G/J training.
To apply send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com