Design Engineer – Aerospace
We are looking for a talented Design Engineer to join our expanding team. As a newly created role in the business we are looking for a passionate and driven engineer with ideally 21G Aerospace experience to work on future TRB interior trim development. The primary function of the Design Department being the creation and maintenance of design documents, drawings, calculations and associated test and validation data.
The key requirements are as follows:
1. 5 years plus experience working within a 21G / J aerospace interior trim environment performing a design and draughting role.
2. Good knowledge of composite materials, manufacturing processes and typical aerospace interior trim parts plus hardware.
3. Strong solidworks CAD skills (or similar). Ability to create robust 2D drawings.
4. Ability to work well in dynamic situations, think on their feet, troubleshoot and provide timely and prompt technical support as needed.
5. Undertake design and development of products from concept to operation, working cross functionally. Deliver robust models and drawings from which the later part or assembly may be manufactured. Knowledge of DFMEA’s.
6. Ensure products meet specification, function, design and business performance requirements in accordance with recognised industry standards, safety and legislation.
7. Effective time management and ability to multitask when required.
8. Understanding of drawing geometric tolerancing and composite layup schemes.
9. To undertake any other duty as reasonably requested by their line manager.
Be a self-starter with problem-solving talent, able to self-manage and work independently as well as in a team.
Be an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to prepare and provide technical reports in a clear and concise manner.
Hold suitable engineering qualifications and training applicable to the job role and ideally have received EASA 21G/J training.
To apply send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org